Dear Co Provider Team
It is that time of year again for your co- provider resubmissions.
I hope your year has been successful and that NFA has supported you well.
The following are some key areas of concern that we wish to clarify to assist you with the resubmission.
NFA values your partnership and we look forward to an ongoing partnership in 2018.
Re submissions are due on or before 31st December 2017.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – instructions are also provided when you login for Co Provider profile renewal.
- As a Co Provider you must ensure that your details are current / up to date and submitted electronically. We regretfully cannot accept hardcopy submissions.
- The Co Provider profile renewal section enables you to submit only relevant and current information. NFA does not require additional copies of documents that are unchanged and were submitted last year (e.g. CV, ABN) or that are still valid and in date (e.g. WWCC, Police Check – 5 year validation date). Only current information is required
- The main areas that NFA will be targeting will be current : first aid certificates, LLN certificates, insurance policies, WWCC & Police check, VIT cards (if applicable) , along with the Skills matrix and Professional Development. Please ensure that submitted documents are verified.
- The Skills matrix needs to be updated and resubmitted. This matrix seems to confuse many co providers. The best way to describe this is: if I was auditing your file have you provided me with sufficient and current evidence to deem you compliant. All RTOs request this type of information and it is your responsibility as a VET trainer/assessor to complete and submit the skills matrix.
I have provided some further guidance:
- RELEVANT VOCATIONAL OR ACADEMIC UNIT ACHIEVED (CODE AND TITLE).This means your current First Aid Statement of Attainment that confirms your competency for the unit you wish to train/assess. Please list the code and date completed – you will also need to submit a current Statement of Attainment to reflect the units you wish to train/assess.
- CURRENT VOCATIONAL EXPERIENCE (JOB/ ROLE TITLE REFLECTING) Current relevant experience, job, role in the first aid, medical industry. “What are you doing apart from training that enables you to obtain experience in first aid?”
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – Vocational
NFA requires all relevant and current PD you have undertaken throughout the past year. NFA is not able to accept a written statement such as “Annual update”. Please provide dates and codes of any PD you have completed within the last 12 months. E.g. School nurse – School sporting events, camps swimming carnivals you may have attended as a “First Aid Officer” Any volunteer work etc – please list dates. “How are you applying your skills and knowledge?”
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – Training & Assessment
Reference to your LLN if you have completed within the last 12 months, relevant website subscriptions, or a member of relevant website to receive updates and notifications in the VET sector. NFA Professional Development days – participation in the validations. “What are you doing that keeps you current with TAE – e.g. validations, developing resources, creating session plans, webinars,customizing training – all the things you learnt in your Cert IV in TAE”
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT –Vocational Education and Training Industry Reference and or evidence to PD undertaken throughout the year – School nurses are required to attend PD to maintain registration – copies of your PD will be fine. NFA Professional Development day (dated), Asthma foundation update etc. “What activities have you undertaken to develop and improve your skills and knowledge to ensure professional currency in VET practices e.g. e-learning, PD days, VET sector workshops, VET webinars”
Co Providers who have not completed the re submission process will unfortunately be unable to access the NFA Co Provider link from 1st January 2018. Any application for Statements of Attainment thereafter cannot be processed or honoured until your Co Provider re submission has been received and re approved. This is a compliance requirement. Thank you for understanding.
Please email or call us if you need any assistance.