NFA is making various changes to the companions on the NFA website as a consequence of your valued feedback and part of the NFA continuous improvement process. We have reformatted the companions for easier identification and access. The actual content and the assessment requirements of the units of competency have NOT been altered. Please be aware that the content/assessment requirements will be changed soon and all of your comments and corrections will be incorporated along with the new revised units of competency requirements (due to be released in early October). This will be completed prior 31st October. This is also the transition date and the last day you can train in the old HLTFA units.
Until then, we have directly communicated to you regarding the allowable variations that we have made for your submissions for Statement of Attainments.
Please also note that the assessment companions will not be available for 22024VIC Asthma or 22099VIC Anaphylaxis as we require you to purchase the Learners Guide which incorporates the assessment resources for NFA Co Provider compliance. This become effective on 18th August 2014.
I advise that all the HLTAID NFA training programs will be accompanied by three companions. However the accredited courses 22024Vic and 22099Vic will be accompanied by only two the exception is the assessment companion.
1. Essential companion: all required files for NFA training programs,
2. Training companion: training files for individual unit of competency,
3. Assessment companion: answers and solutions for individual unit of competency. The new essential, training and assessment companion is now available for the following units:
· 22024VIC Course in Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace(no assessment companion)
· 22099VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis(no assessment companion)
· HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
· HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
· HLTAID003 Provide first aid
· HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
The companions for 22100VIC Course in Basic Oxygen Administration and 22101VIC Course in AED are available on request.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
National First Aid